Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tried and True: Chili-changas


Leftover chili? Well even though I fed six people dinner with the pot I made this weekend, and left half the leftovers with a friend, I still had a lot left. I got the idea for this quick dinner from Hard Times Cafe, a restaurant that specializes in chili, serving four different kinds in many different ways, including over pasta, fritos, corn bread and wrapped in a torilla.

To change up the flavor of the chili a little, I cooked a pound of ground turkey and mixed it into the chili. Once it was in the tortilla, I topped it with chopped onions and tomatoes, shredded cheddar and sour cream.

These are one of my favorite meals in a tortilla, second only to fish tacos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, I love when you can take leftovers and make something awesome out of them.

My risotto came out really great, considering I've never eaten one before I decided to learn to cook them.

Thanks for the congrats, I'm SO excited about it, I start Saturday.