Sunday, October 19, 2008

Garlic Sauce: The Building Block

I had to post this because I use it in a lot of the foods I make, including the eggplant parmesan I'm about to post. You could just throw it over pasta too of course, but I don't really do that too often. It is perfect for lasagna though.

Garlic Sauce

Ingredients:
olive oil
7 cloves garlic, minced
2 6 oz. cans tomato paste
1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
2 tsp. honey
salt/pepper

Directions:
-Heat olive oil in large sauce pan on medium. Saute garlic for 2-3 minutes, until smelly and just starting to brown.
-Add tomato paste and mix the garlic and olive oil into the paste, continue to saute for 3-5 minutes.
-Add crushed tomatoes. Refill crushed tomato can with water and add to sauce. If you're in a rush, add less water.
-Add parsley, honey, and salt and pepper to taste.
-Cook until it is thick, about 1 hour. If you added less water, it will take less time.

No comments: