Saturday, September 20, 2008

Blueberry pancakes

When I was living in Egypt, my roommates and I would try to make food that reminded us of home every once and awhile. I got this basic pancake recipe from my roommate Alex, who would make us these every few weekends. I added blueberries because I only really like pancakes when there is some fruit involved. And then I tried to make them "healthier" by adding some whole wheat flour.

Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all purpose baking flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups milk
1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)

Directions:
Mix together the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients in slowly. Fry them up on the griddle on medium-high heat with some butter in the pan so they don't stick.

For even more blueberry goodness, heat up some blueberries in a small saucepan with about a tablespoon of water. Slightly smoosh the berries, and let them cook until the sauce thickens. Healthy, fruity syrup.

No comments: